Hello there, my name is
UX Researcher & Digital Strategist
Designing Communication Apps for at-risk young people
In 2018, I was a part of the Random Hacks of Kindness Hackathon and worked with one of the changemaker teams, Brisbane Youth Service. I helped design a new mobile app that they could use to engage with at-risk youth throughout the city. This project delivered a complete interactive prototype using Adobe XD that simulated the user experience by the conclusion of the 2 day hackathon.
Enhancing the Website Search Experience
A User Experience Research and Design project that aimed to redesign and improve the Website Search features and enable visitors to more easily find information. The research highlighted various pain points we used to focus the Design Process, leading us to create a new Search Experience that focused on offering greater relevancy to the search results.
Optimising Website Navigation for a WFH Reality
A UX Research and Design project that aimed to optimise the website menu for smaller screen devices. This was in response to observing an increase in accessing the website on smaller laptops due to many website visitors working from home.
I conducted research to better understand what pain points our stakeholders were experiencing with the current menu and how to align the menu with how they wanted to use the website.
I am a Digital Strategist and UX Researcher, based in Brisbane QLD.
My approach is to build a greater understanding for the needs and motivations for end users and embed these insights into the strategy and design of digital products.
By designing digital products, I aim to blend business goals with customer needs & motivations that result in rich and engaging user experiences.
Working on a wide variety of digital products over a the past 6 years, I aspire to craft digital experiences and uses technology to offer engaging innovative solutions, while solving complex user problems and achieving business objectives.
I use various UX Research methods and create new processes that guide the digital strategy. I act as the advocate for the end user, gaining insight and building empathy for the stakeholder’s needs and motivations.
By combining creative design with business goals and stakeholder analysis, I aim to deliver innovative design solutions that directly meet the needs of a product’s end users.
What I specialise in
During the planning, design and implementation of a product, my goal is to be an advocate for the end user. As a UX Designer and Researcher, I aim to use methods, strategies and techniques to ensure the product is aligned to the needs of the end user as well as the business goals.
Let's have a chat
As one of the Senior UX Strategists and Designers, my role is to craft bespoke digital products (websites, ecommerce and mobile apps) that align customer needs with business goals.
In my time at Digital8, I developed new end-to-end digital strategy processes to identify business goals, customer personas and UX analysis. The insights gained ensure the digital products are strategically aligned and successful.
- Happy Families
- Consolidated Insurance Brokers
Day to day responsibilities:
- Requirements Gathering
- Scope Writing
- Project Management
- Planning Digital Strategy
- Website Audit and Analysis (HotJar, Google Analytics)
- UX Research (interviews, competitor analysis, persona research)
- UI Design (Mobile, Responsive Web)
- Website Development (WordPress)
- Design System Development (Figma)
- Dev Handover (Figma, Invision)
- QA & User Testing
- Overall Product Advocate
With the Digital Solutions team, I created user-centric design strategies and principles to help create technological solutions for the college and its members — rural GPs across Australia.
Day to day, I engaged with internal and external stakeholders to plan, design and maintain digital products including websites (ACRRM & RMA), college LMS (Canvas) and new digital products.
I also prototyped and designed new digital features — striving to have data and user-research drive the design direction.
- Planned and designed low and high fidelity prototypes for new website features.
- Redesigned the website navigation (UX and UI) to improve scalability and solve identified user experience issues.
- Designed a new search experience for the website with a user-centric design approach.
- Designed a new Registered Training Organisation (RTO) management dashboard.
Joined a small digital website design studio as a junior web designer.
- Place Real Estate
- EOS Implementers
- MOQ Digital
Key roles and responsibilities included:
- Managing client websites and actioning requests
- Design wireframes and mock-ups for clients web pages.
- Designing EDM templates and campaigns
- Hubspot Designer Certified.
As a junior WordPress designer and developer, I planned, designed and developed over 80 websites for small and medium businesses. My focus was matching ideal customer engagement strategies to business goals, empowering companies through technology and the web.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Engaged with clients, in person and over phone
- Translated client briefs into low fidelity wireframes, sketches and mockups
- Planned digital solutions for SMB websites.
- Worked rapid planning, design and development of high fidelity digital solutions and products
- Managed multiple overlapping projects, deadlines and schedules
UX/UI Designer – MAEKIT DIVISION
Maekit in an online platform, designed for freelancers to quickly and easily deploy WordPress websites with a single click.
I joined the Maekit team as a UX / UI Designer, researching, prototyping and user testing new functionality. I consulted with various user groups on understanding their unique perspectives, goals and objectives in gaining a stronger understanding for how they used and interacted with the platform and how this influenced the design of new features.
- Design of new user onboarding to encourage purchase of web hosting plans personalised to individual users.
- Design of Low Fidelity (Wireframes and paper prototypes) and High Fidelity Prototypes (InVision Mockup)
- User Testing Sessions and Interviews to evaluate and improve design